If you have extra quinoa laying around in your fridge, make these!! My mom made them for me recently and they are delicious! The have just the right amount of sweet. She got the recipe from Dr. Oz. You don’t even need the dark chocolate chips if you don’t want to.
First, get all your ingredients together. You will need a nut butter of your choice, applesauce, raw honey, vanilla extract, salt, almond flour, cooked quinoa and if you are using them, dark chocolate chips.
In a bowl, combine the nut butter, applesauce, honey, vanilla extract and salt.
Now add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined. You will enjoy licking the extra off the spoon and scraping the bowl.
Using a tablespoon, I spooned out the cookies on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. ***Before doing this, make sure the pan fits into your freezer or you will just be adding more work to your plate.
I was able to spoon out 26 cookies. Now place the pan into the freezer and let it sit for 30 minutes or more. You will want them to be firm to the touch.
Take them out once firm and frozen. They should come off the sheet easily.
I moved them into a glass storage jar and then placed them back into the freezer until the kids get home from school. The cookies keep best in the freezer because they soften quick when taken out.
I did enjoy two cookies of my own to make sure they turned out delicious! They did!
- ½ cup nut butter (I prefer almond butter)
- 2 Tbsp. applesauce
- ¼ cup raw honey (I buy at a local farmers market)
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt (I used Himalayan salt)
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa (About ½ cup of uncooked quinoa)
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the nut butter, applesauce, honey, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out the cookies onto a cookie sheet or pan lined with parchment paper. ** Make sure this pan fits into your fridge beforehand.
- Place the cookies in the freezer to set, about 30 minutes or more depending. Feel for them to be firm to the touch and easy to pick up.
- Move the cookies to a container and return them to the freezer until ready to eat. They keep best in the freezer because the soften quickly once taken out. Enjoy!